Sunday, January 24, 2010

2 days, 3 More Dresses for the Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge


Biron, WI - Population: 810.
The majority of this dress was cut from a 34 yr old t-shirt previously worn by my MIL, who grew up in Biron. I re-purposed the original sleeves into the current sleeves, and had enough left over to cut out and applique the remaining sleeve fabric on the skirt of the dress - front and back. I appliqued and embroidered the white star on the side. Yesterday the Pink Floyd dress (pictured below) was my hubby's favorite - today it is this one!




Next up is the Pink Floyd dress. My hubby found this t-shirt (yes, I have him searching out t's now) and had to have a dress made out of it. It was a 3T - not quite big enough - so I had to cut out the logo and embroider it onto a different chest piece.


Check out those baby blue eyes! You can just see the sassy is her face....

The waist piece is cut from a pair of 3T leggings.

The last dress for today comes from a men's Scooby Doo tee. The waist piece and sleeves are cut from a long sleeve. The neckband and skirt are from a t-shirt we tie dyed for PBJ's birthday party favors.

I have 5 more dresses cut out. I don't think I am ever going to buy clothes for PBJ again!


No comments:

Post a Comment