1/2C cold water
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
3/4C corn syrup
1. Place the 1/2C cold water in a large bowl (or bowl of stand mixer). Add 3 envelopes gelatin and set aside.
2. In saucepan, combine 1/2C water, 3/4C corn syrup and 2 C sugar. Stirring continuously, heat over med-low until sugar dissolves. Once dissolved, increase heat to medium, and bring to a boil with the lid on for 3 minutes.
3. Take lid off and boil until syrup reaches 240 degrees.
4. Slowly add syrup to dissolved gelatin with hand mixer, or stand mixer. When everything is mixed, increase speed of mixer to high and whip for about 15 minutes until white and fluffy.
5. Pour into greased 9X13 pan, let set.
6. Cover in powdered sugar and cut into squares. Cover cut sides with powdered sugar. Keep in sealed container.
So they're a bit time consuming, but they are SO worth it. They are soft and wonderful, but very dense. YUM!