1-2 French baguettes
5 Medium-large onions
4 Cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4C Soy sauce
1/4C Balsamic vinegar
2T Worchestershire sauce
1/4C Beef stock
1/2C White wine
1/2C Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Thinly slice the onions and mince the garlic. Melt butter in large saute pan and add onions and garlic to pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, worchestershire sauce, beef stock and white wine. Mix and add to onions.
3. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer on low for at least 2 hours, until all the liquid has been absorbed and onions are a dark brown color. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice baguettes to about 1/2" thickness, on the diagonal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes, until nicely crisped on outside.
5. To serve, place about 1-2T of onions on baguette slice and top with gorgonzola crumbles. Serve hot.
*As usual, measurements are approximate, as I do not measure when making my creations!